Functions that return type

blm768 via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Tue Jan 19 20:27:27 PST 2016

On Sunday, 17 January 2016 at 02:08:06 UTC, Timon Gehr wrote:
> On 01/16/2016 11:50 PM, data pulverizer wrote:
>> I guess the constraints are that of a static language.
>
> (This is not true.)

I'm playing with the design of such a language myself. Basically,
anything can create/use/return type objects, but a variable of a
particular type can only be instantiated using an immutable type
object whose value is known at compile time.

It's not very far along, though. Right now, I have a "compiler"
that parses integers and parentheses. ;)