Speed of csvReader

H. S. Teoh via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Thu Jan 21 16:31:03 PST 2016

On Thu, Jan 21, 2016 at 04:26:16PM -0800, H. S. Teoh via Digitalmars-d-learn wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 21, 2016 at 11:03:23PM +0000, cym13 via Digitalmars-d-learn wrote:
> > On Thursday, 21 January 2016 at 21:24:49 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:
> > >[...]
> >
> > It may be fast but I think it may be related to the fact that this is
> > not a CSV parser. Don't get me wrong, it is able to parse a format
> > defined by delimiters but true CSV is one hell of a beast.
>
> Alright, I decided to take on the challenge to write a "real" CSV
> parser... since it's a bit tedious to keep posting code in the forum,
> I've pushed it to github instead:
>
> 	https://github.com/quickfur/fastcsv

Oh, forgot to mention, the parsing times are still lightning fast after
the fixes I mentioned: still around 1190 msecs or so.

Now I'm tempted to actually implement doubled-quote interpretation... as
long as the input file doesn't contain unreasonable amounts of doubled
quotes, I'm expecting the speed should remain pretty fast.

--T