Shared library question

Benjamin Thaut via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Sat Jan 23 07:00:57 PST 2016

On Saturday, 23 January 2016 at 00:38:45 UTC, Dibyendu Majumdar
wrote:
> On Friday, 22 January 2016 at 22:06:35 UTC, Dibyendu Majumdar
> wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> I am trying to create a simple shared library that exports a D
>> function, but when I try to link to it I get errors such as:
>>
>>  error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
>> _D7xxx12__ModuleInfoZ
>>

> I have uploaded my small test here so if anyone can tell me
> what I am doing wrong it will hugely appreciated.
>
> Thanks!
>
> https://github.com/dibyendumajumdar/d-lab/tree/master/sharedlib

Dll support on windows is basically non existant at the moment
and I strongly advice against trying to use it. Trust me I've
been there. I'm currently working on propper Dll support but that
is most likely going to take a few more months.

Your best option currently is to simply link everything
statically.

Kind Regards
Benjamin