core.sys.posix.sys.ioctl

tsbockman via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Wed Jan 27 23:53:44 PST 2016

On Thursday, 28 January 2016 at 06:15:54 UTC, sanjayss wrote:
> So I got round to doing this --
> https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/druntime/pull/1485 --
> it's not clear what happens now -- is there a set of people
> that reviews pull requests and comment on it or is it open to
> all?

Since your pull request (PR) is new, it is at the top of
druntime's list. This pretty much guarantees that several
contributors (like myself) will look at it, at least briefly.

Anyone who feels both sufficiently qualified (not me; I don't own
a Mac) and interested to do a real review will probably leave
some sort of comment, although initially this may be about some
tedious triviality like your source code formatting or choice of
name for a new symbol.

Work through whatever issues they bring up, and sooner or later
you will probably get their approval for the PR. This doesn't yet
mean that your PR will definitely be accepted into the project,
but it should attract the attention of one of the senior members
of the project, people who actually have the authority to merge
stuff: Andrei Alexandrescu, Martin Nowak, etc.

One of them will either request additional changes to the PR, or
tell you why it probably won't be accepted. Once you have
satisfied their requirements, your PR should be merged pretty
quickly.

For something uncontroversial like your PR, the whole process
will probably take a few days or a few weeks, depending on how
busy the potential reviewers are with other things.