Digger 2.4 & DMD 2.070.0

Marc Schütz via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Thu Jan 28 11:31:39 PST 2016

On Thursday, 28 January 2016 at 07:45:01 UTC, Robert M. Münch
wrote:
> Just compiled the latest release with digger. Everything works
> without any problems, but the resulting binary shows the
> following version:
>
> mac-pro:Digger robby$ ./result/bin/dmd --version
> DMD64 D Compiler v2.069-devel-682687b
> Copyright (c) 1999-2015 by Digital Mars written by Walter Bright

Hmm... I'm about to update the openSUSE package, which builds the
archive from [1]. The resulting binary prints a similar version
instead of "v2.070.0":

     DMD64 D Compiler v2.069-devel-605be4c

Is the archive wrong, or do I need to do something special to get
the right version?

By the way, the copyright line still says "2015".

[1]
https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/dmd/archive/v2.070.0.tar.gz