Weird multithreading stuff

tsbockman via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Fri Jan 29 22:19:34 PST 2016

On Saturday, 30 January 2016 at 05:57:20 UTC, asdf wrote:
> No I've fixed it now
> All I was asking for anyway was a little bit of help as to how
> threads work, which "variables declared "static" or at global
> scope in D are actually thread-local by default" definitely
> satisfies. I wasn't really asking for someone to read through
> and debug my entire program
>
> Thanks

It's rarely necessary to provide the entire *original* program.

But, you're a lot more likely to get real help if you include a
simple program that demonstrates the problem (a "reduced test
case"), which other people can try out.

As an example of why this is important, consider that the true
source of your problem cannot actually be found in the code you
posted above, at all. I guessed what it was, based on your
follow-up post - but that's all I was doing: *guessing*. It could
have turned out to be something else entirely - maybe even a bug
in the compiler or the standard library. (These are still rather
common with D, unfortunately.)

I think you'll also find, in general, that producing a good,
simple test case is a very effective technique for debugging your
own code - even before you ask others for help.