Casting classes

Basile B. via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Fri Jul 1 10:32:26 PDT 2016

On Friday, 1 July 2016 at 15:45:35 UTC, Jonathan Marler wrote:
> How do casts work under the hood?  I'm mostly interested in
> what needs to be done in order to cast a class to a subclass.
> I'd like to know what is being done to determine whether the
> object is a valid instance of the cast type.  If the code is
> implemented in the druntime, a pointer to where it lives would
> suffice.  Thanks in advance for any help.

https://github.com/dlang/druntime/blob/master/src/rt/cast_.d#L62

niptick: on github search then rather look at the results in the
issues because in the code you'll get a lot of noise due to the
unittests or like in this case because if the keywords.

https://github.com/dlang/druntime/search?q=cast&type=Issues&utf8=%E2%9C%93