Probably trivial Linux link problem that I've spent hours on.

WhatMeWorry via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Mon Jul 4 20:32:25 PDT 2016

Just learning Linux. Got my first vibe/dub project which dies at:

Compiling diet template 'index.dt'...
Linking...
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lsqlite3

I downloaded DUB's d2sqlite3 and built it fine.
I've got sqlite3 on my system by default (came with Xununtu) I
even tried:

$ sudo apt-get install sqlite3
[sudo] password for generic:
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
sqlite3 is already the newest version (3.11.0-1ubuntu1).

Aren't we trying to link to the sqlite3 a library?  So that would
mean either a sqlite3.a or sqlite3.so file?  However, since this
is a link time problem, it must be the sqlite3.so we want. Right?

I did a system wide search for sqlite3 and I come up only with
libd2sqlite3.a?

The dependencies in my dub project file looks like:

dependency  "vibe-d" version="~>0.7.26"
dependency  "d2sqlite3" version="~>0.7.3"

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.