Asynchronous Programming and Eventhandling in D

Eugene Wissner via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Tue Jul 5 13:38:53 PDT 2016

On Tuesday, 5 July 2016 at 08:24:43 UTC, O/N/S wrote:
> Hi ("GrĂ¼ss Gott")
>
> I like the asynchronous events in Javascript.
> Is something similar possible in D?
>
> Found Dragos Carp's asynchronous library
> (https://github.com/dcarp/asynchronous).
> Are there any more integrated (in Phobos/in D) ways to work
> asynchronously?
>
> An example: One server ask a second server to calculate
> something big.
> The first server continues with his work, until the answer come
> back from the second.
> And so on...
>
> Using threads or fibers would be a way, but has not the same
> elegancy like the Javascript way. (To avoid discussions: D is
> better ;-)
>

> Greetings from Munich,
> Ozan
Servus,

I'm currently rewriting the base skeleton of libev in D (only for
linux for now) for web development aswell. And the next step
would be data structures, basic server, futures and yo on...
I was working with dcarp's asynchronous and i found it very very
good. It is till now the best I've seen in D for async
programming ( I mean its design and usability).

Can you describe what would you like to see more concretly. I
know js but how is it supposed to work for D? Maybe you can give
some example, kind of pseudo code? It would help me much to build
a concept and maybe we will see someday something usable in this
area :)