Singleton Pattern

Suliman via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Sat Jul 9 23:43:35 PDT 2016

On Saturday, 9 July 2016 at 20:47:32 UTC, Ali Çehreli wrote:
> On 07/09/2016 01:35 PM, Suliman wrote:
> > On Thursday, 5 January 2012 at 22:53:12 UTC, Ali Çehreli
> wrote:
> >>
> >> Is singleton still alive? ;)
>
> I'm glad I was alive in 2012. :o)
>
> >> An idea is to instantiate the object in the module's static
> this().
> >>
> >> Ali
> >
> > Yeah, same question, what difference between singleton and
> `static this()`?
>
> I'm now aware of the difference between 'static this()' and
> 'shared static this()'.:
>
> shared static this(): Executed once for the whole program
>
> static this(): Executed per thread
>
> Ali

Yeah, I understand, I mean that I need way to create instance on
Config class, that should not be passed in every instance of
class explicitly, because it would need in every class. I know
that I can make it's static, but I do not think, that it's good.

Same with singleton, I read that a lot of people blame it.