Dub recursive build and forcing pre-build commands to run

Antonio Corbi via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Sun Jul 10 01:13:33 PDT 2016

On Sunday, 10 July 2016 at 07:00:18 UTC, Meta wrote:
> On Saturday, 9 July 2016 at 07:52:56 UTC, Antonio Corbi wrote:
>> I use the "preGenerateCommands" and "dependencies" like this:
>>
>>     "configurations" : [
>>         {
>>             "comment"             : "Classic app.",
>>             "name"                : "eqapp",
>>             "preGenerateCommands" : ["sed -e
>> 's#topdir/#$PACKAGE_DIR#' src/config/constants.d.in >
>> src/config/constants.d"],
>>             "dependencies"        : {":dgtalib" : "*",
>> "gtk-d:gtkd": "~>3.3.0"},
>>         },
>>
>> Hope this helps you.
>> Antonio
>
> When are pre-generate commands run?

Official docs say this:

preGenerateCommands	string[]	A list of shell commands that is
executed before project generation is started

If my memory serves me well I started to use it instead of
preBuildCommands because they are always executed and, in my
case, I needed that (to simulate the autoconf/cmake 'file.in ->
file' idiom).

Antonio