[OT] Re: how to mark an extern function @nogc?

Seb via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Tue Jul 12 08:41:38 PDT 2016

On Tuesday, 12 July 2016 at 14:42:23 UTC, ag0aep6g wrote:
> On 07/12/2016 04:04 PM, Seb wrote:
>> D is entirely driven by
>> highly motivated volunteers. (this will change soon with the
>> new D
>> foundation)
>
> Does the foundation have plans to hire programmers? That's news
> to me.

At the DConf16 Andrei announced in his keynote that he is in the
progress of finding sponsors and has already made quite some
progress (he mentioned 500K non-Zimbabwean dollars [1]), but also
noticed that he still needs to built a roadmap & agenda on how to
most effectively invest this money. I haven't heard much since,
but I hope that once the D Foundation got an official non-profit
status (according to the vision this is planned to happen in this
August), we might hear more.

Apart from that the D foundation currently already "hires" four
programmers as part of the GSoC program ;-)

[1]
http://forum.dlang.org/post/qaskprdxmshpabarahbf@forum.dlang.org