mismatch and return value

ketmar via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Wed Jul 13 04:10:11 PDT 2016

On Wednesday, 13 July 2016 at 11:06:56 UTC, celavek wrote:
> On Wednesday, 13 July 2016 at 10:41:44 UTC, ketmar wrote:
> I understand your point but it should not be a matter of
> guessing.
> It should be explicitly stated by the documentation.

then people will start to complain that documentation is "too
wordy", hard to read and unnecessarily repeats the obvious things.

good documentation omits obvious things just 'cause they are
obvious. i believe that any sane person will read the description
and assume that `mismatch` will return tuple with two empty
ranges when there is no mismatch found.

it's somewhat hard to keep the balance between "documenting
everything" and "make documentation easy to read", i think.