mismatch and return value

ketmar via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Wed Jul 13 04:18:31 PDT 2016

On Wednesday, 13 July 2016 at 11:13:00 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:
> To be fair, I think it's only obvious to someone who has
> achieved a certain level of comfort and familiarity with ranges
> and the range-based functions in Phobos. This particular
> function could just as easily be inferred to return an empty
> tuple rather than a tuple of two empty ranges. Being more
> specific about the return value is only a few extra words that
> I wouldn't judge as being "too wordy".

probably you are right. it is somewhat hard to judge when you
know the concept "by your heart". also, i always thought about
phobos docs as "reference", not something people should learn
from. i.e. "i already know how it works, and i just need to look
for non-obvious details".

it will be great to have "two-level documentation", with
reference level and in-depth explanation level, but i understand
how much efforts it will require...