persistence, serialization, history (run-to-run) in small self-contained program

dan via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Wed Jul 13 22:18:42 PDT 2016

I'm writing a small program (compiled with gdc on xubuntu 16.04).

I would like it to remember a little data (a few kilobytes maybe).

It looks like d comes with standard support for both sqlite3 and
json --- is there any particular reason to prefer one over the
other?   Or maybe something else entirely? (In each case, i would
store the data in some file, and on second and subsequent runs of
the program attempt to recover the data from that file if
possible.)

My main concern is minimizing program complexity.

TIA for any advice.

dan