C++ interface vs D and com

Kagamin via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Thu Jul 14 03:20:31 PDT 2016

On Wednesday, 13 July 2016 at 21:27:29 UTC, Adam Sansier wrote:
> Yes! your right, If you were only around to tell me that in the
> first place! ;) Now we know. Again, as I said before, the
> problem is informational.

We know it only after you posted links to threads with relevant
info. You knew the problem is informational yet decided to
conceal the relevant information and you knew it will result in a
problem, so you consciously created that problem, it's not the
world to blame for that. People in the treads you linked don't do
such things, they easily see the details, provide relevant info,
even full declaration of the interface, you don't do that, it was
your decision to create that problem, it's not the world to blame
for that. COM is documented, the world suggests to read docs
before you get to anything or when you're in a trouble, you don't
do that, and you know it leads to problems, and it's your
decision to ask for those problems, that's your attitude - to
create problems you suffer from, nobody else does that.

> I've created a big enough stink about it that anyone in the
> future having similar issues might be able to resolve them much
> quicker.

You only created lots of whining providing zero information about
what's going on, that zero information won't help anyone.