persistence, serialization, history (run-to-run) in small self-contained program

dan via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Thu Jul 14 19:17:26 PDT 2016

On Thursday, 14 July 2016 at 08:28:56 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
> On 2016-07-14 07:18, dan wrote:
>> I'm writing a small program (compiled with gdc on xubuntu
>> 16.04).
>>
>> I would like it to remember a little data (a few kilobytes
>> maybe).

>> My main concern is minimizing program complexity.
>
> There's Orange [1]. It's a serialization library that
> serializes to XML.
>
> [1] https://github.com/jacob-carlborg/orange

Thanks Jacob!

I was unaware of Orange.

@rikki --- Thanks also for your remarks.  Although in principle
both sql and json are complex, they are familiar, so if they
work as in other languages i'm hoping (knock on wood) they
won't seem complex.  As to what i'm storing, it's a little
indefinite now, but will include strings and times.