LDC with ARM backend

Claude via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Fri Jul 15 07:09:40 PDT 2016

Hello,

I would like to cross-compile a D program from a x86 machine to
an ARM target.

I work on GNU/Linux Ubuntu 64-bit.
I have an ARM gcc toolchain, which I can use to make programs on
an ARM Cortex-A9 architecture running a Linux kernel 3.4.11+.

I managed to build and install LLVM 3.8.1 with LDC 1.1-alpha1,
which works fine to build and run native programs.

I read some documentation here:
http://wiki.dlang.org/Minimal_semihosted_ARM_Cortex-M_%22Hello_World%22

... but it seems to target bare-metal programming, whereas I
already have a GNU/Linux running on my ARM target and want to use
it. It does noty tell how to have an LDC with ARM backend.

So I'm a bit confused of what the current state of LDC+ARM is.
For example, is the run-time fully ported on ARM/Linux?

What would be the steps to have an LDC cross-compiling to ARM?

Thanks