extern (C++) including bodies of member functions?

cy via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Fri Jul 15 19:01:24 PDT 2016

On Friday, 15 July 2016 at 19:20:52 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
> Yes. Just as it's possible to call C function from D, it's
> possible to implement functions in D that can be called from C.
> This compatibility applies C++ and Objective-C as well.

So, it applies to member functions too (for C++)? Just as if you
passed an extern(C++) directive to each one? And only their
signature/mangling is changed, so that say in gdb for instance,
they represent Type::member instead of zzTypezdxqdstuffmember?

> The front end was only fairly recently converted to D.

Oh, I thought it happened a while ago, like when D2 came out. (Or
was D2 recent as well?)