Building phobos GDC

Lodovico Giaretta via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Fri Jul 22 12:52:59 PDT 2016

On Friday, 22 July 2016 at 18:30:13 UTC, Rufus Smith wrote:
> Trying to compile code that uses GDC, had to import phobos
> files from dmd in to project since they are not in the GDC's
> phobo lib(the core.sys.windows stuff).
>
> Almost all the errors are related to stuff like
>
> PALETTEENTRY* peNew() return { return _peNew.ptr; }
>

> Does that even make sense?

I'll add that, in general, it's a bad idea to mix the libraries
of the various compilers. In fact, the library has the same
release cycle as the frontend, and is specific to the frontend
version it comes with. GDC is several frontend versions behind
DMD, so GDC cannot support the new features / characteristics of
the recent DMD libraries.
You should always use a Phobos version as old as the frontend of
the compiler you're using.