full path to source file __FILE__

Martin Tschierschke via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Sat Jul 23 02:44:37 PDT 2016

On Thursday, 21 July 2016 at 19:54:34 UTC, Jonathan Marler wrote:
> Is there a way to get the full path of the current source file?
> Something like:
>
> __FILE_FULL_PATH__
>
> I'm asking because I'm rewriting a batch script in D, meant to
> be ran with rdmd.  However, the script needs to know it's own
> path.  The original batch script uses the %~dp0 variable for
> this, but I'm at a loss on how to do this in D.  Since rdmd
> compiles the executable to the %TEMP% directory, thisExePath
> won't work.
>
> BATCH
> -----
> echo "Directory of this script is " %~dp0

What about using a wrapper around rdmd, so the program is
executed with an
additional parameter or an environment variable containing
"FULL_PATH".

When I started with D, I "accidentaly" wrote my own replacement
script for rdmd
compiling xyz.d with dmd to xyz or calling xyz depending on the
modification times of the files.

Regards mt.