Modules

Rufus Smith via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Sat Jul 23 19:24:06 PDT 2016

How do module names and actual folder paths relate?

For my own libraries, I use the file path as module name, more or
less.

e.g.,

module foo.bar.x;

is in folder foo\bar.

I imported some external lib that has it's own layout, but I
wanted to incorporate it in to my lib, so I stuck it in a sub
folder. DMD complains though.

I can't change the source because that is brittle, but I don't
want it to be sitting in Root because that is messy.

foo
    bar
    baz
       baz.d(package)

where y is the external lib I imported. It uses it's own layout
scheme though.

I tried to use a package and import the modules as anyone would,
then I could just import the package, but that doesn't work
either.

module foo.baz;

public import y;

So, all I want to do is use someone elses d files and put them in
a subdir without having to modify their files to get it to
work(to be able to import them like anything else). Is this
another impossibility?