Why D isn't the next "big thing" already

phant0m via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Tue Jul 26 14:04:07 PDT 2016

On Tuesday, 26 July 2016 at 15:11:00 UTC, llaine wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I'm using D since a few month now and I was wondering why
> people don't jump onto it that much and why it isn't the "big
> thing" already.
>
> Everybody is into javascript nowadays, but IMO even for doing
> web I found Vibe.d more interesting and efficient than node.js
> for example.
>
> I agree that you have to be pragmatic and choose the right
> tools for the right jobs but I would be interested to have
> other opinion on thoses questions.

As far as I know, most of the people wait when D will be used by
big companies for big projects. It's the chicken-egg problem.
Personally, I found that D improves my productivity a lot
(comparing to C++). I gave up on opinions of other people and use
what is convenient for me in my own projects. But not everybody
such "brave".