Can't Compile Global Semaphores?

Jean-Yves Vion-Dury via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Fri Jul 29 01:02:41 PDT 2016

On Monday, 21 March 2016 at 13:19:34 UTC, denizzzka wrote:
> On Monday, 27 July 2015 at 20:12:10 UTC, John Colvin wrote:
>>
>> Yes, but then core.sync.semaphore doesn't support being
>> shared, so...
>>
>> I don't really understand how
>> https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/druntime/blob/master/src/core/sync/semaphore.d#L356 is managing to avoid this
>
> Since that time is something cleared up? Faced with the same
> problem

And same for me also; I really need shared semaphores, for
implementing complex synchronization queues (they have to be
nested inside shared classes). That's rather disappointing to
offer semaphores without thread sharing mechanisms beyond
__gshared. Is there anything we could do to solve this?
best
NB
thanks to all D contributors