Why D isn't the next "big thing" already

ketmar via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Sat Jul 30 22:43:55 PDT 2016

On Sunday, 31 July 2016 at 04:32:10 UTC, bachmeier wrote:
> I wasn't directing my comment at you specifically. I was
> talking about the direction the thread took,

what do you prefer: to have a completely false information, or
corrected information for the price of one or two troll-like
posts? i prefer second, 'cause information must not only be free,
but it must be correct too. ;-)

as for the attacks and trolling itself... healthy community can
go thru that without any "forum police" involved (like in this
case). and actually having such things and community reaction to
'em is not such a bad thing. i believe that it is quite the
contrary: it paints the community as a nice open place, not some
walled garden with machine gun guards patroling the area and
shooting anything resembling real-world things. ;-)