adamdruppe: Drawing scaled image

Pie? via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Wed Jun 1 20:19:20 PDT 2016

I found your git hub and tried simpledisplay and png. I had
virtually no problems getting them working from the get go!
Thanks for your hard work!!! You deserve a cookie, or a million
bucks!

I'm curious about how to draw a scaled image. I would like to
have a "global" scale for my image drawing. Is there a way to
apply a global transform efficiently?(not all image drawing
though, just some).

Also, png.d doesn't seem to work with alpha channel? I did a
quick "alpha" search and simpledisplay.d says it doesn't work
with alpha yet, except for openGL.

How hard would this be to add? Obviously it requires composting
the underlying bits. I will be working on a buffer for all window
drawing, one large non-alpha bitmap that I draw everything to,
hence it should be somewhat fast to compose.

Which also leads me to, how to draw one image on to another?

Basically I want to setup a sort of triple buffer(if necessary,
or just single) sprite rendering engine(well, not really but it's
equivalent to it).

Is simple display and png capable of doing this without too much
trouble?