dlang.org using apache?

Ola Fosheim Grøstad via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Wed Jun 8 07:41:55 PDT 2016

On Wednesday, 8 June 2016 at 14:33:50 UTC, Jonathan Marler wrote:
> On Wednesday, 8 June 2016 at 13:32:00 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:
>> Why would we change over when Apache is working quite happily
>> to serve up static content?
>
> I've heard that same argument as the reason people don't use
> the D language.  Why would I change over to D when C/C++ is
> working quite happily?
>
> If the official D website doesn't feel like migrating it's own
> infrastructure to use D, why would anyone else?  Of course
> apache works (so does C++), but choosing not to put in the time
> to switch says a lot to the rest of the world.

Well, if this is the only area where it happens then it's ok.

But DMD also doesn't use the GC because it doesn't perform well
enough. Stuff like this adds up.

So I agree with you in essence, sending the message that there
are things to avoid is not good in the long run. It might be
better to take a slight performance hit and use your own stuff
and post a list of things you are working on to improve it.

I like the "are we fast yet" websites that various project put
up, displaying improvements over time.