dlang.org using apache?

Mike Parker via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Wed Jun 8 07:43:35 PDT 2016

On Wednesday, 8 June 2016 at 14:33:50 UTC, Jonathan Marler wrote:
> On Wednesday, 8 June 2016 at 13:32:00 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:
>> Why would we change over when Apache is working quite happily
>> to serve up static content?

I didn't say that. Rikki did :)

> If the official D website doesn't feel like migrating it's own
> infrastructure to use D, why would anyone else?  Of course
> apache works (so does C++), but choosing not to put in the time
> to switch says a lot to the rest of the world.

Really? I just don't see it as that big of a deal. Again, three
subdomains are using D right now. So it's not like it's not being
used at all. Moving the website to D just hasn't been a priority
(nor should it be, IMO). Anyone in the community who *does* feel
it's important is certainly free to put together a prototype and
pitch it to the core team. I would ask their thoughts about it
first, though, before embarking on such a project.