dlang.org using apache?

Ola Fosheim Grøstad via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Wed Jun 8 08:40:48 PDT 2016

On Wednesday, 8 June 2016 at 15:31:34 UTC, ketmar wrote:
> i'm trying to hint that there is no reason to reimplement
> *everything* in D. bad engineers reinvent, good engineers reuse!

This is about marketing, not engineering.

Walter is arguing that vibe.d should be distributed with the
compiler. If it is good enough to get semi-official status it
makes you wonder why it isn't showcased on dlang.org?

Same thing with memory management. If memory management in D is
not a problem, why is it then a problem to use the standard
memory management in the official D compiler, a non-interactive
batch-application?

Compare this to:
- We are using our own web framework, out-of-the-box,
compile-and-run.
- We are using our own standard library/runtime, unmodified.

And it works great!
No need to dig deep to get decent performance!