dlang.org using apache?

Adam D. Ruppe via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Wed Jun 8 10:17:37 PDT 2016

On Wednesday, 8 June 2016 at 17:05:42 UTC, Jonathan Marler wrote:
> I can picture the article now:

I can't. It is an industry-standard deployment with a commonly
used configuration option - people change that all the time. PHP,
for example, will modify it to output something like this:

Server: Apache/2.4.6 (Unix) PHP/5.4.20

when you use it - they append their brand to the existing string.

The only articles I have ever seen about this is people saying
you should blank it out to make script kiddies have a harder time
figuring out just which version you have installed - people
SUGGEST that you obscure it!

BTW, when I see a live server running a custom httpd, I tend to
have a negative reaction: the sysadmin is lazy and didn't bother
with a proper setup. There's a reason ALL the other major
languages and frameworks use Apache/nginx/IIS on their websites.
It's the recommended way to do it.

There's a difference between an application server and a frontend
web server.