dlang.org using apache?

Ola Fosheim Grøstad via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Wed Jun 8 10:59:29 PDT 2016

On Wednesday, 8 June 2016 at 17:43:23 UTC, dewitt wrote:
> vibes website doesn't use a proxy.

Yes, but more people visit dlang.org, and it makes it more
official if it is showcased here as a visible part of the website
(one way or another).

> But if D wants to compete in web then there are alot of better
> areas to improve on like ORMs (I know not everyone likes them
> but they have their use cases and users), DB support, etc.
> That will attract more ppl more than some proxy would..

Probably. I don't know.

I can only tell what I am looking out for:

- good memcache client
- good nosql interface
- easy deployment in the cloud (in my case Google, but could be
any other vendor)

And optionally:
- fast javascript interpreter/JIT (for precompiling pages)

> I mean D could also be used to build a database but why when
> there are already used alternatives..

A database is no point as people won't use it unless it is proven
rock solid (wait and see for a decade). Interfacing with
infrastructure is more important.

Working well without a proxy/frontend is useful, when you start
thinking about things like websockets etc.