What's up with GDC?

Joerg Joergonson via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Fri Jun 10 13:30:36 PDT 2016

On Friday, 10 June 2016 at 19:51:19 UTC, Johan Engelen wrote:
> On Friday, 10 June 2016 at 19:37:13 UTC, Joerg Joergonson wrote:
>>
>>  arm-linux-genuabi? arm-linux-gnueableihfqueridsofeyfh?
>> aifh-fkeif-fjjjjjjjj-fdsskjhfkjfafaaaaaa?
>
> Rofl!
>
>> and ldc requires building from sources(actually I didn't have
>> too much trouble with installing it but it doesn't work with
>> my libs because of the crappy coff issues that D has had since
>> birth(it's like a tumor)).
>
> Why do you have to build from sources? Any details about the
> problems you see?
>
> Thanks,
>   Johan

Well, the post was a bit incoherent because getting all this
stuff working is. I was searching for ldc and ran across some web
site that had only the sources(same for gdc).

The point of it all is that things seem to be a bit
discombobulated and make D look bad.  Professions won't use D if
it can't be used professionally(not that I'm a pro, just saying).

Why isn't there a proper binaries for ldc and gdc that work out
of the box like dmd?  There used to be. What's up with all this
arm-linux-genuabi crap? When one opens up the archive all the
files are named that way too.  There is no explanation of what
that means. Did some kid write this stuff in his basement or is
this suppose to be serious? Do people think about the end user
when creating this stuff or is it just a eureka moment
"Lightbulb: Lets create some spaghetti!".

I would have thought things would have gotten easier and more
logical but that doesn't seem to be the case.