What's up with GDC?

Joerg Joergonson via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Fri Jun 10 15:01:15 PDT 2016

On Friday, 10 June 2016 at 21:33:58 UTC, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
> On Friday, 10 June 2016 at 20:30:36 UTC, Joerg Joergonson wrote:
>> Why isn't there a proper binaries for ldc and gdc that work
>> out of the box like dmd?  There used to be. What's up with all
>> this arm-linux-genuabi crap?
>
> Those are proper binaries that work out of the box on different
> platforms.
>
> Alas Windows doesn't have prebuilt binaries for gdc targeting
> Windows. Weird, the Windows binaries there generate ARM
> binaries (for phones and stuff).
>
> LDC has Win32 builds though:
> https://github.com/ldc-developers/ldc/releases/download/v1.0.0/ldc2-1.0.0-win32-msvc.zip

The problem I'm getting with ldc, using your simpledisplay, is
that the libs aren't loading due to the wrong format. It's the
omf vs coff thing or whatever, I guess... I didn't feel like
messing with it right now(later I'll need both x86 and x64 libs
that work with dmd, ldc, and gdc). But yea, ldc basically worked
similar to dmd, but not gdc.