What's up with GDC?

Mike Parker via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Fri Jun 10 22:12:56 PDT 2016

On Saturday, 11 June 2016 at 04:20:38 UTC, Joerg Joergonson wrote:
> On Saturday, 11 June 2016 at 01:43:21 UTC, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:

>> What's the exact message and what did you do? The opengl32.lib
>> I have on my github is for dmd 32 bit, ldc uses the Microsoft
>> one I think so you shouldn't need anything else.
>
> It just says the format is invalid. I used the one you supplied
> in the package and never worried about it. I'll try some other
> libs when I get a chance.

OpenGL32.lib and glu32.lib are part of the Windows SDK. Assuming
you've got VS 2015 installed, they should be part of the
installation and should be available out of the box. Adam's lib
is solely for use with OPTLINK when compiling with DMD using the
default -m32 on Windows, since DMD does not ship with the opengl
lib. When compiling with -m32mscoff or -m64, it will use Visual
Studios libraries.