Parse File at compile time, but not embedded

Joerg Joergonson via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Sat Jun 11 21:30:25 PDT 2016

On Friday, 10 June 2016 at 07:03:21 UTC, ketmar wrote:
> On Thursday, 9 June 2016 at 22:02:44 UTC, Joerg Joergonson
> wrote:
>> Lol, who says you have access to my software? You know, the
>> problem with assumptions is that they generally make no sense
>> when you actually think about them.
>
> oh, yeah. it suddenly reminds me about some obscure thing.
> other people told me that they were able to solve the same
> problems with something they called "build system"...

Mines not a build system...

In any case LDC does drop the data so it is ok.

The problem with people is that they are idiots! They make
assumptions about other peoples stuff without having any clue
what actually is going on rather than addressing the real issue.
In fact, the thing I'm doing has nothing to do with SQL,
security, etc. It was only an example. I just don't want crap in
my EXE that shouldn't be there, simple as that. Also, since I'm
the sole designer and the software is simple, I have every right
to do it how I want.

What's strange, though, is my little ole app takes 300MB's and
constantly uses 13% of the cpu... even though all it does is
display a few images. This is with LDC release. Doesn't seem very
efficient. I imagine a similar app in C would take about 1% and
20MB. Hopefully profiling in D isn't as much a nightmare as
setting it up.

BTW, I'm using simpledisplay... I saw that you made a commit or
something on github. Are you noticing any similarities to cpu and
memory usage?