short programme from "Programming in D" by Ali Cehreli.

cym13 via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Tue Jun 14 02:53:03 PDT 2016

On Tuesday, 14 June 2016 at 09:39:05 UTC, Nick B wrote:
> On Tuesday, 14 June 2016 at 09:28:18 UTC, cym13 wrote:
>> On Tuesday, 14 June 2016 at 09:17:35 UTC, Nick B wrote:
>>> Hi, Can anyone assist me with the short D programme. It is
>>> taken straight from  "Programming in D" by Ali Cehreli.  The
>>> code below is the solution,  on page 684.
>>> The  Exercise is on Page 27, item 2 half way down the page.
>>>
>>> [...]
>>
>> Misplaced quote in your readf.
>
> Thank you.  Question: is this a compiler bug ?

No, why would it? You gave it a string saying "Hey, the store the
data in the next variable" then gave no such variable. Format
detected it and rightfully threw an error. That's the following
line from your paste:

object.Exception at C:\Users\Joan\Prog\D\dmd2\windows\bin\..\..\src\phobos\std\form
at.d(594): Enforcement failed

It then printed as much of a stack trace as it could, not very
useful as you didn't do much but it's there.

You gave it garbage and it threw an error. Compiler bugs are a
reality but not *that* common ;-)