nested inout return type

Era Scarecrow via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Tue Jun 14 13:28:16 PDT 2016

On Tuesday, 14 June 2016 at 19:48:06 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer
wrote:
> I honestly think the best place to go figure these things out
> is stackoverflow (or just the internet in general). Whenever I
> have a technical problem I can't figure out (or am too lazy to
> diagnose myself), I search and SO usually gives me an answer :)

  For the longest time I didn't have internet consistently, so I
often had to figure these things out solo and alone. Honestly I'm
still new to figuring out where things are on the internet, or
what I need and don't need.

  Doesn't help being self taught means I don't know some of the
lingo. What is map? What does reduce do? What's a HashMap? These
things by themselves (to someone relatively new) doesn't make
sense, and the STL and C++ seem to actively push me away from
understanding it so I dropped them wholesale. The only libraries
that made sense and I would rely on were the bare minimum core
library ones included in the '88 CPL including bare minimum
string and IO functions.

  Perhaps that's why I'm still shy about learning some of the
libraries and understanding some of the more ingenious solutions
that can be written in a couple lines rather than building my own
solution which is clunky (but better than C++).

  Although I'm doing better than I used to, it's still a chore. :(