Accessing COM Objects

Jesse Phillips via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Wed Jun 15 09:03:04 PDT 2016

On Monday, 13 June 2016 at 01:22:33 UTC, Incognito wrote:
> I've been reading over D's com and can't find anything useful.
> It seems there are different ways:
>
> http://www.lunesu.com/uploads/ModernCOMProgramminginD.pdf
>
> which is of no help and requires an idl file, which I don't
> have.
>
> Then theres this
>
> http://wiki.dlang.org/COM_Programming

There is also:
https://github.com/JesseKPhillips/Juno-Windows-Class-Library

It kind of provides similar highlevel options as the "Modern COM
Programming in D."

But I don't use it and have only be somewhat keeping it alive (I
had some hiccups in supporting 64bit), so I haven't been working
to improve the simplicity of interfacing to COM objects.

It also includes definitions for accessing Windows COM objects
which aren't needed when interfacing with your own or other COM
objects. I'd like to have two libraries, Juno Library and Juno
Windows Class Library.