GTKD - Application crashes - or not? [Coedit]

Basile B. via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Thu Jun 16 02:27:38 PDT 2016

On Thursday, 16 June 2016 at 09:18:54 UTC, TheDGuy wrote:
> On Thursday, 16 June 2016 at 08:20:00 UTC, Basile B. wrote:
>> Yes it's "WorkingDirectory" (and not current...). But
>> otherwise you can use args[0]. Actually using the cwd in a
>> program is often an error because there is no guarantee that
>> the cwd is the path to the application ;)
>>
>> People often forget that (Generally speaking).
>
> If i use args[0] as workingDirectory i still get the same
> error. I created a custom Tool like this:
>
> https://picload.org/image/rgwapdac/coedit_run_options.png
>
> if i execute it via "Custom Tools" -> "Run this project"
> nothing happens.

FOrget any previous comment and in your program use the first
argument of the command line to detect your resources, this will
solve your problem. For the execution click compile and run or
just run.

On Win and Nux, the first argument of the command line is always
the program filename so you just have to get the directory for
this string and you'll get what you expected with cwd.