GTKD - Application crashes - or not? [Coedit]

Basile B. via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Thu Jun 16 03:14:47 PDT 2016

On Thursday, 16 June 2016 at 10:02:01 UTC, TheDGuy wrote:
> On Thursday, 16 June 2016 at 09:27:38 UTC, Basile B. wrote:
>> FOrget any previous comment and in your program use the first
>> argument of the command line to detect your resources, this
>> will solve your problem. For the execution click compile and
>> run or just run.
>
> Okay:
>
> void main(string[] args){
>     writeln(args[0]);
>     Main.init(args);
>     auto win = new Window(250,250,"Tutorial");
>     Main.run();
> }
>
> This gives me the location of the .exe. What should i do with
> it now?
>
>> On Win and Nux, the first argument of the command line is
>> always the program filename so you just have to get the
>> directory for this string and you'll get what you expected
>> with cwd.
>
> I don't care about cwd i want to get rid of the error!

from args[0] you can get the base bath and since your css is
relative to the base path:

     string cssPath = "test.css";
     CssProvider provider = new CssProvider();
     provider.loadFromPath(cssPath);

add something like

     import std.path;
     basePath = args[0].dirName;

     string cssPath = basePath ~ "\" ~ "test.css";

and you can remove all the stuff in the Run options.