ARSD PNG memory usage

Joerg Joergonson via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Fri Jun 17 18:46:24 PDT 2016

On Friday, 17 June 2016 at 14:39:32 UTC, kinke wrote:
> On Friday, 17 June 2016 at 04:54:27 UTC, Joerg Joergonson wrote:
>> LDC x64 uses about 250MB and 13% cpu.
>>
>> I couldn't check on x86 because of the error
>>
>> phobos2-ldc.lib(gzlib.c.obj) : fatal error LNK1112: module
>> machine type 'x64' conflicts with target machine type 'X86'
>>
>> not sure what that means with gzlib.c.ojb. Must be another bug
>> in ldc alpha ;/
>
> It looks like you're trying to link 32-bit objects to a 64-bit
> Phobos.
> The only pre-built LDC for Windows capable of linking both
> 32-bit and 64-bit code is the multilib CI release, see
> https://github.com/ldc-developers/ldc/releases/tag/LDC-Win64-master.

Yes, it looks that way but it's not the case I believe(I did
check when this error first came up). I'm using the phobo's libs
from ldc that are x86.

I could be mistaken but

phobos2-ldc.lib(gzlib.c.obj)

suggests that the problem isn't with the entire phobos lib but
gzlib.c.obj and that that is the only one marked incorrectly,
since it's not for all the other imports, it seems something got
marked wrong in that specific case?