ARSD PNG memory usage

Joerg Joergonson via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Sat Jun 18 09:11:44 PDT 2016

On Saturday, 18 June 2016 at 02:01:29 UTC, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
> On Saturday, 18 June 2016 at 01:20:16 UTC, Joerg Joergonson
> wrote:
>> Error: undefined identifier 'sleep', did you mean function
>> 'Sleep'?
>>
>> "import core.thread; sleep(10);"
>
> It is `Thread.sleep(10.msecs)` or whatever time - `sleep` is a
> static member of the Thread class.
>

>> They mention to use PeekMessage and I don't see you doing
>> that, not sure if it would change things though?
>
> I am using MsgWaitForMultipleObjectsEx which blocks until
> something happens. That something can be a timer, input event,
> other message, or an I/O thing... it doesn't eat CPU unless
> *something* is happening.

Yeah, I don't know what though. Adding Sleep(5); reduces it's
consumption to 0% so it is probably just spinning. It might be
the nvidia issue that creates some weird messages to the app.

I'm not too concerned about it as it's now done to 0, it is
minimal wait time for my app(maybe not acceptable for performance
apps but ok for mine... at least for now).

As I continue to work on it, I might stumble on the problem or it
might disappear spontaneously.