TypeInfo_Interface from runtime string?

Thalamus via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Wed Jun 22 08:15:51 PDT 2016

Hi everyone,

My project includes lots of .Net interop via C linkage. One of
the things I need to do is refer in C# to an interface declared
in the D code, and then to actually work with the interface
concretely in the D layer. So, I need to get a TypeInfo_Interface
object from a string passed in from C#.

The problem isn't in marshaling the string between C# and D, but
rather what to do with the string once I have it in D.

So in the D code, where interfaceName is the fully qualified name
of an interface, e.g.  "MyPackage.MyModule.MyInterface", what I
would like is something like:

TypeInfo_Interface theInterface = new
TypeInfo_Interface(interfaceName);

But there's no such constructor.

Apologies if this seems like it should be obvious, but I couldn't
find anything in the forums or the wider web. :)

thanks,
Thalamus