Had not Dllimport in D?

Rikki Cattermole via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Sun Mar 6 06:21:55 PST 2016

Okay, since you clearly have not worked in a native language before,
lets start from scratch.

You want to make some bindings to a shared library called "msvcrt-ruby18".
 From this I know that it is using the Microsoft Visual C runtime. That
means you must build D using this as well.
This is done via the -ms32coff switch for 32bit and -m64 for 64bit
(which is easier all up).
You will need Visual studio with all of the c/c++ stuff installed.
Keep in mind you must match the version of Visual C runtime up with the
shared libraries one (if you fail enjoy the segfaults!).

Lastly you want some bindings. I won't cover that here. But this should
help ya out http://dlang.org/spec/interfaceToC.html

After this you should be able to pass the shared library directly to dmd
when in -ms32coff or -m64 mode and it'll all work.