How to sort a range

Edwin van Leeuwen via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Wed Mar 9 05:13:31 PST 2016

On Wednesday, 9 March 2016 at 13:04:31 UTC, rcorre wrote:
> On Wednesday, 9 March 2016 at 12:31:18 UTC, Edwin van Leeuwen
> wrote:
>>>
>>> That sounds like the kind of thing I was looking for. I'll
>>> take a look, thanks!
>>
>> Well that one does allocate, because it keeps track of which
>> values have already been seen.
>
> Yup, just noticed that >.<

Of course it only allocates when the actual result is used, so
this will probably be more efficient if you only need a small
number of unique results or need to keep the unsorted range
around/intact. Sorting without allocating and then using uniq
should indeed be more efficient in other cases.

Did you try different SwapStrategy values in your original?