Gdmd compiling error

Orkhan via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Tue Mar 15 02:50:23 PDT 2016

On Monday, 14 March 2016 at 18:13:33 UTC, Ali Çehreli wrote:
> On 03/14/2016 10:08 AM, Marc Schütz wrote:
>
> > What does `which gdc` print? If it says something like
> "which: no gdc in
> > ...", there is a problem with the installation of GDC.
> Otherwise, you
> > can use the following as a quick workaround:
> >
> >      sudo ln -s `which gdc` /usr/local/bin/gdc
> >
> > The proper solution is to find out why gdmd insists on using
> that
> > non-existing path instead of relying on $PATH lookup, and fix
> it.
>
> Apparently, gdmd expects gdc to be in the same directory as
> itself. Once Orkhan finds out where gdc is on the system, the
> following should work:
>
> $ sudo ln -s
> /home/acehreli/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/bin/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gdc
> /usr/local/bin/gdc
>
> Orkhan, replace
> /home/acehreli/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/bin/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gdc
> with the gdc binary that you have. e.g. if it's under /usr/bin,
> then do the following:
>
> $ sudo ln -s /usr/bin/gdc /usr/local/bin/gdc
>
> Ali
>
> P.S. I've just installed gdc after downloading it from its
> download site ( http://gdcproject.org/downloads ) with the
> following two commands:
>
>   unxz the_file_you_downloaded
>   tar xvf the_file_you_unxzipped
>
> Those commands created the following directory in my case.
>
>   /home/acehreli/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu
>
> That's why my gdc is named
> /home/acehreli/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/bin/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gdc
> above.

After Marc's message I created symbolic link and now it is in the
usr/local/bin .
please look  the output :

root at ubuntu:/opt/xcomm# cd /usr/local/bin
root at ubuntu:/usr/local/bin# ls
ddemangle  dman  dmd  dmd.conf  dumpobj  gdc  gdmd  obj2asm  rdmd

You see there is gdc after the command : sudo ln -s /usr/bin/gdc
/usr/local/bin/gdc

still when I run command Make it returns the same error.

could you please test the make file as well if you already
installed the gdc and gdmd . I have put the link it is not too
big , I just need the xcomm being installed .

Kind Regards