parsing fastq files with D

eastanon via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Thu Mar 24 01:24:15 PDT 2016

On Thursday, 24 March 2016 at 06:34:51 UTC, rikki cattermole
wrote:
> As a little fun thing to do I implemented it for you.
>
> It won't allocate. Making this perfect for you.
> With a bit of work you could make Result have buffers for
> result instead of using the input array allow for the source to
> be an input range itself.
>
> I made this up on dpaste and single quotes were not playing
> nicely there. So you'll see "\r"[0] as a workaround.

Thank you very much. I think you have exposed me to  a number of
new concepts that I will go through and annotate the code with.
I read all input from file as follows.

string text = cast(string)std.file.read(inputfile);
foreach(record;FastQRecord.parse(text)){
    writeln(record);
}

</naivequestion>Does this mean that text is allocated to memory?
and is there a better way to read and process the inputfile?
</naivequestion>