I need some help benchmarking SoA vs AoS

ag0aep6g via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Sat Mar 26 09:31:33 PDT 2016

On 26.03.2016 14:47, maik klein wrote:
> The problem I have is that LDC always seems to optimize the functions
> too much. At least one function executes always in "1 hnsec".

Let the output depend on the results somehow. Simply printing them out
should do the trick. You can also try throwing an Exception on wrong
results. Else the calculations will be optimized away completely.

Also make sure that data that's supposed to be dynamic actually comes
from some kind of input. Else the program may just print precalculated
results.