Intermediate level D and open source projects to study

Jon D via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Wed May 11 17:35:04 PDT 2016

On Wednesday, 11 May 2016 at 18:41:47 UTC, xtreak wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am a D newbie. I worked through D programming language and
> programming in D books. I primarily use Python daily. I will be
> happy to know how I can go to intermediate level in D. It will
> be hepful to have projects in D of high quality and also
> beginner friendly code that I can study to improve my D.
> [snip]

Might not be exactly what you are looking for, but I recently
open-sourced some command line utilities you could take look at.
They are real apps in that they take command line arguments, have
help, error handling, etc. But, they are doing relatively
straightforward tasks, things you might do in Python also. A
caution: I'm relatively new to D as well, and there are likely
places where the code could be more idiomatic D.

Utilities are at: https://github.com/eBay/tsv-utils-dlang. The
readme has a section labeled "The code" that describes the code
structure.