DlangIDE Themes

Vadim Lopatin via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Thu May 12 08:29:17 PDT 2016

On Thursday, 12 May 2016 at 09:57:42 UTC, Chris wrote:
> On Thursday, 12 May 2016 at 09:51:18 UTC, thedeemon wrote:
>> On Thursday, 12 May 2016 at 09:17:24 UTC, Chris wrote:
>>
>>> They shouldn't be hardwired. Best would be to load them
>>> dynamically with their respective names encoded in the xml
>>> file. In this way people could add their own themes as they
>>> see fit. I wouldn't mind creating themes and adding them to
>>> DlangIDE as a humble contribution.
>>
>> Don't forget that contents of all those files in
>> resources.list is also "hardwired" into the executable, so
>> there's not much difference between mentioning something in
>> such list file and in the source code. Of course, dynamic
>> is now.
>
> Sure, but changing `resources.list` is trivial and can be added
> to the docs like so "Add the path to your theme file to
> `resources.list` and restart DlangIDE."
>
> It has to be hardwired somewhere, but it shouldn't be the
> themes. Other editors/IDE's allow you to load your own themes.
> This is important, because apart from aesthetics, some people
> might find certain themes easier on the eye than others, e.g.
> color blind people or people with some sort of visual
> impairment.

Hello,

External themes support is planned.
It is not a hard task.
Btw, try to copy your resource files (res directory) to the same
place dlangui executable (e.g. dlangide) is located. Resources
from this directory must be accessible from application. The only
problem should be list of themes in UI settings.
AFAIR, resources from directory should have higher priority than
embedded ones. So for testing, you can rename theme to standard
name.

Best regards,
     Vadim